Sympathy of Mr. Vengeance

You know how Old Boy was a really good movie and had some pretty brutal scenes?

Well the Chan-wook Park (director and co-writer) did another movie before Old Boy called Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and I think it had a lot more of what I like to call, "oh efff!" scenes.



The ones that are a little too realistic and too pull you a little too deep into the movie and are pretty gross, but you know it's about to happen so you curl into the back of your seat and say, "oh efff!". But not in a way like how some people would in a Saw movie. Those are joke movies in my opinion. I'm talking about the realistic and disturbing way. A real movie.

I think the thing I noticed most is that the sound effects weren't over done like everything else out there. In this movie you could hear natural chirps of nature in the background, and the very realistic sounds of a knife penetrating the skin. A movie is more disturbing when they don't use background music.

So the lack of music, combined with a very good story and sound effects, and amazing direction give this movie a 9/10

0 comments: