27

The special service today was really something special. The main sanctuary was filled with visitors which is something I haven't seen in a long time. A month of prayers truly fulfilled.

Even the performances that they held outside were uncharacteristically organized and entertaining.

It was heartwarming to feel everyone truly united once again.


P.S. The Anniversary Program held at Central was looked legitamus to the maximus.

_________________

Additional thoughts...

A couple of nights ago these two older ladies checked in and one of the two just seemed like a really energetic and fun-loving lady and so last night when I saw her again I started talking to her and it turns out she's an assistant principal at a high school in New York. The reason that's significant is because (I've only mentioned this to one of my best friends) I was thinking about trying to become a math teacher.
Well I was torn between two paths. Teaching math, or getting back into programming. I get slightly influenced at my work because half of the people that stay at my hotel are microsoft employees that are my age or a little older, but they're making fat bank. I know I can program, but when I try to picture myself doing something related to computer programming in the future I cringe. Yea there's money, but it just doesn't seem very fulfilling.
But thanks to a lengthy conversation with that one guest, I've decided that I'm going to try my best to pursue a teaching career.
She explained to me about how to get started and even pointed out a bunch of great programs for teachers. Like ways to get my masters paid for while receiving a generous teacher salary at the same time, ways to receive thousands of dollars of student loans taken care of, and the most exciting thing she told me about, and what threw me so completely over the top that my eyes literally started to tear up for a second while she was talking, was a program offered by the Gates foundation that pays every expense for a teacher to travel around the world to study art!! She literally went to every major city in Europe to study how graffiti correlates to the socioeconomic status of people throughout time.. or something along those lines. I was wowed to say the least.


I was praying for a sign and thank God I found it.

0 comments: