A Good Night

Last night we had our final practice and it was great!  It's been a long time since our choir as a whole has had a really good final practice.  We usually get lectured about how unprepared we are and stuff like that, but not this time.  You could just tell something changed for the better this time.  Loved it.


Then after final practice we had devotional prayer and the DM was there for some reason so he gave us a short lecture on the meaning of the year-end Thanksgiving and how we should be prepared and it was a nice good.  Then he prayed for the devo and it was a BA prayer for sure.  hahaha  I remember right when he was walking up to the podium my exact thoughts were, "Alright! Spiritual admonitions from the District Minister!" LOL


It was such a good night that I didn't even want to change out of my cloths when I got home, you know, to savor the moment.


A big thing from the final practice that really stuck with me was when our DCM told us to teach our hearts to be closer to God.  I've read endless psychology books and tried to find patterns in human condition or development and one thing I've figured out is that people aren't as helpless as they think they are.  We all have the power inside ourselves to change however we like.  I know it's so much easier to change for the worse, to give into temptation and follow the common belief that your just a weak human that can't help it, but that's not true.  
Teach yourself to follow a better path, to improve in the ways that you want, because if you have the belief that you can, then you will.  It takes repetition and conscious activeness towards your goal, but you can reach it with time.  






0 comments: